Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Warranty
When we go to such lengths to comprehensively check every Approved Pre-Owned Van and People Mover, it should come as no surprise that all qualifying vehicles have an Approved Pre-Owned factory warranty. This is only available from an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealership.
When you purchase an Approved Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz Van or People Mover, you receive a minimum 1 year or the option of 2 year , 200,000 kilometre, nationwide factory backed warranty.
The Mercedes-Benz Approved Pre-Owned warranty offers coverage against failure of most mechanical components, as well as roadside assistance covering a range of breakdowns and situations almost anywhere in Australia. To give complete peace of mind, this warranty offers cover, support and benefits that only Mercedes-Benz can provide.
What does the Approved Pre-Owned warranty cover?
Mercedes-Benz will repair or replace (at our election) manufacturing defects in material or workmanship which arise during the relevant Warranty period free of charge.
However, the Approved Pre-Owned Warranty only covers the vehicle as manufactured by us and does not cover any modification, accessories, bodies or other goods or services supplied by a third party manufacturer.
What doesn't the Approved Pre-Owned Warranty cover?
- Consumable items such as oil seals, gaskets, external linkages, clutch friction plates, spark plugs, ignition leads, recharging air conditioners, fuel, lubricants and coolants.
- Any items that require replacement as part of normal vehicle maintenance including batteries, leads, glow plugs, belts, filters, hoses, globes, brake and clutch linings, brake pads, disc rotors and disc and drum machining.
- Repairs required for wheels, tyres, paintwork, chrome, seals, panels and bodywork, all glass items, decorative or trim components which include seat covers, door trims, soft top or convertible roof, covers, carpets, edge protectors, cup holders, ashtrays and telephone equipment and software.
- Exhaust systems, including manifold, engine pipe, muffler, pipe sections, tail pipe and mounts.
When does the Warranty cease to apply?
- the vehicle reaches 200,000km
- the vehicles reaches 6 years of age from first registration
- the vehicle is modified from the manufacturer’s specifications without our approval
- the vehicle is not serviced at the intervals or time or distance specified in the Maintenance Booklet
- the vehicle is used in motor sport, competition, rally or race
- the vehicle is used as a police or other emergency vehicle
- the vehicle is used outside of Australia
- the vehicle is used for a purpose for which it was not designed
- the vehicle is assessed as a write off, repairable write off or total loss
- the vehicle is sold via a public auction
- the vehicle is used for commercial or public transport purposes such as a taxi, limousine or other hire, rental or charter vehicle
- the odometer reading cannot be determined as accurate as a result of it being inoperative, tampered with, altered, disconnected or removed from the vehicle or
- the vehicle becomes unroadworthy or unregistered or
- you cease to be the registered owner of the vehicle
How do I get assistance to correct a manufacturing defect?
- Present your vehicle to an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer immediately or as soon as practicable after a defect arises.
- You must also present a copy of the Warranty certificate provided to you at delivery together with your vehicle’s Service Booklet.
- Repair work under the Warranty must be carried out by an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer using Mercedes-Benz Genuine Parts.
- You must permit the authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer to fully inspect your vehicle. Some repairs, diagnosis or replication of the defect may not be possible with only one inspection, so you may need to make more than one visit to an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer.
- Any parts that have been replaced as part of a Warranty repair will become the property of Mercedes-Benz.
- If your vehicle requires emergency repair work and you are unable to deliver your vehicle to an authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer, please contact Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance on 1800 807 700.
What costs are not covered?
The Warranty does not cover servicing, maintenance, tyres, consumables, normal wear and tear, the alignment of front and rear axels, wheel balancing and tyre rotation.
Other terms and conditions
These warranty terms apply to all Mercedes-Benz vehicles registered for Approved Pre-Owned Vehicle Warranty on or after 23rd April 2013.
Mercedes-Benz reserves the right to modify or amend the terms of the Warranty at any time without notice.
The Warranty is subject to further terms, conditions and exclusions. This is a summary of the main benefits, terms and exclusions of the Warranty and is not to be taken as a warranty document/statement. Please refer to the warranty booklet provided at delivery or contact your authorised dealer for all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Warranty.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits of the Owner Protection Plan are in addition to any other rights and remedies you have under a law in relation to the vehicle.
The Warranty is issued by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd ACN 004 411 410 of 44 Lexia Place, Mulgrave, Victoria, 3170, (03) 9566 9266.